Homeowners need to be aware of all of the money they will save if they make repairs to their house prior to selling it. If a homeowner does not make necessary repairs, the house may sell for thousands less than list price. However, if a homeowner spends a couple of thousands of dollars making repairs, the house could essentially sell for at least a few thousand dollars over list price. This means more money in the homeowner’s pocket.
Here are 5 reasons why homeowners should make repairs before selling their home:
1. Whenever a house is being purchased, an inspector will need to do an inspection of the entire house. The inspector will find any problems that need to be repaired and the homeowner will either have to fix them or drop the price of the house significantly. If these repairs are completed before the house is listed for sale and inspected, then the homeowner will not need to worry about losing out on money.
2. Any routine repairs like leaky faucets, stains on the ceiling or cracks in the walls are very easy to fix and do not cost a lot of money. By fixing these issues, the house will look nicer and will sell for a higher price when it is listed for sale.
3. Last minute repairs often cost more because homeowners need them finished quickly. If a homeowner begins making repairs a couple of months before the house is listed for sale, then they will not need to worry about paying someone more money for working overtime on a project.
4. Houses that are completely renovated and do not need repairs will attract more buyers. Homeowners will want to make sure that their house meets all of these requirements, because the more people that look at the house means that the homeowner will have multiple offers and will receive more than the asking price when the house sells.
5. Houses that do not need any repairs or renovations also sell much quicker than other houses. Every homeowner will want to sell their house quickly, because it will save them additional money.
The time that a homeowner will spend making necessary repairs on a house before it is listed for sale will be worthwhile when the homeowner receives a much higher offer for their house. Every homeowner’s goal is to get as much money as they can for their house.
Knowing the types of repairs to make is half the battle. A home inspection report can show you key areas that need attention before you put your home on the market. Give me a call at PrimeSpec Consulting at 480-570-5615 if you would like to discuss the ways a home inspection could help you or schedule an appointment with me.